Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use the Library Catalog to search for books, audiovisuals, and other documents in James White Library. If you don't find the title you need, search MeLCat to borrow it from other Michigan libraries.
Ebook Central (ProQuest) Ebook Central offers authoritative ebooks in a wide range of subject areas, along with powerful tools to help you find, use, and manage the information you need.
Electronic books are included in a Library Catalog search, but you may also search e-book databases separately through the database link. Books may be read online or downloaded for a short term loan.
Google Books Search
Google Books Search allows previews of thousands of titles and full-text of some books. It also provides links to libraries who own the book and booksellers.
Discovery Keyword Search
- For a quick keyword search, use the Discovery Keyword search box
- Enter search terms. Click Search
- Limit by field, format, location, etc. using links in the left-hand column
- Click on Advanced Search to add another term
- Click on a title to view the catalog record. Note the Location, Call. No. and Status. Click on a Subject to find more items on the topic
- To download or email records, click on Add to Cart
- For more search options, click on the arrow in front of the search box and select author, title, or the Advanced Keyword Classic search box
Advanced Keyword Classic Search
The Advanced Keyword Classic search allows you to perform more complex searches in the following ways:
- Combine search terms with the Boolean operators, AND, OR, and NOT
- Limit by location, material type, language, or publication date
- Search for phrases by enclosing the phrase with quotation marks, e.g. "global warming
- Use the truncation symbol * to retrieve varying forms of a root word, e.g. educat* retrieves educate, education, educating, educated
Use MyLibrary Account to check due dates and renew materials online. Login with your Andrews University email username and password. Other features include:
- Performing catalog searches and saving preferred searches
- Keeping track of your reading history
- Tracking the status of "holds" and items requested from MeLCat